Monday, February 16, 2009

It's past midnight and I can't think of a title.

I've had trouble getting a post out this week as a smoky haze in the air and in my lungs constantly reminds me of the bushfires that have been raging through the Victorian landscape this week. I'm feeling somewhat traumatised by the stories of suffering experienced by people and animals, as are so many bloggers.

I'm also a little spooked by the changed fire behaviour seen and the so-called 'mega fires' that we are starting to experience. This excerpt from an article in The Guardian doesn't help that feeling.

"Despite the political rhetoric, the scientific warnings, the media headlines and the corporate promises, he would say, carbon emissions were soaring way out of control - far above even the bleak scenarios considered by last year's report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and the Stern review. The battle against dangerous climate change had been lost, and the world needed to prepare for things to get very, very bad."


I won't post fire pictures or links to appeals, as just about everyone I'm reading has it covered so I'm sure you're onto it. Instead, I'll give you a butterfly.


The lovely Amber has tagged me for the 'tree of happiness' meme which is all about gratitude and contentment. While I'm so grateful and happy that I didn't lose any loved ones or my home in the fires, i'll work on a list that includes some other things that help my tree of happiness grow.
xx

2 comments:

Meg said...

Thank you for your butterfly, for its metaphor of transformation and renewal.

Amber said...

Oh how sad this time is. Not too many ways to be anything but moved from the tragedy. Look forward to hearing about your tree of happiness things...xxx