Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dazed and Confused



Alongside the windy, icy, rainy weather I'm having quite an unsettled week. I am still recovering from a wild and uncalled for dummy spit by the mother outlaw who over the years has proven herself to be quite prone to these tanties. She gives the grandchildren a run for their money, that's for sure, and is unrivaled in her need for attention and praise. The baby daddy and I have literally had unsettled stomachs and trouble sleeping ever since the episode and frankly it all feels unresolved and unresolvable. There is no point going into details here but I feel we have reached an impass based on clashing personalities and different ideas on what is acceptable behaviour.



I am questioning how long you must accept a relatives poor or even irritating behaviour before reaching the conclusion to cut your relationship with them. We are talking 15 years of giving it a shot here!



I would value your thoughts here wise ladies. I am keen to get back to bluer skies and clearer days.

2 comments:

Camilla said...

Just let me at the witch!

Also - love the new banner. You really should gimmie that jug though!!!xx

Kiki said...

Hi there, I found you via a comment you left on 13mimosa.

I'll be brief here and say that I have twice cut ties with my own Mother (coming up to 2 years this time, in August). For my sanity and that of my own family it was best. She is an alcoholic in denial. I am a realist and cannot allow my impressionable daughters to grow thinking this situation is normal...you know how much sinks in with them.

Anyway, I could talk forever on this subject but the fact of the matter is that you cannot waste your life as a worrier as that only leads to bad outcomes. If it's toxic - get rid of it. It being her, I suppose.

You will make the right decision, base it on your women's intuition.